Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Oatmeal with water, and other wildly exciting tidbits

Today I had oatmeal made with water (instead of milk) for the first time that I can remember. I buy the microwavable instant oatmeal - usually the low sodium maple sugar - and have always made it with skim milk. The instructions say you can use either milk or water.

I actually haven't even been eating oatmeal for breakfast lately. I've been on a kick with frozen waffles. And I still have a hankering for them. But I need to get my cholesterol checked again in a little under 3 months, so I thought I better go back to the oatmeal for breakfast and cereal for lunch thing. You know, nothing like getting a *true* test of my cholesterol. I'm like that. Plus I would like to lose about 10-15 pounds. That's probably not going to happen though, but still.

I remember a few years ago I lost about 20-25 pounds. I don't know if I got down to 145 or 150 or so. And I felt GREAT. And I was actually able to go off all my medicines - even blood pressure medicine. It was weird because, it's not like I'm really fat, and, in fact, I had people asking me all the time if I was sick or something. They thought I was too skinny. The reality was that I felt better than I could EVER remember feeling. Because the last time I was that light I was a smoker, and smoking makes you feel like crap even if you're not aware of it at the time.

I do feel a little better after 3 days on the Allegra. Still having some sinus drainage issues, but it appears to be getting there. I didn't sleep very good last night for some reason though. It is seldom that I have a bad night sleeping anymore. Well, other than Thursday nights. I always seem to be up late on Thursdays, and often wake up on the couch Friday mornings.

Last night we were bummed because - after hurrying home so as not to miss 24 - we found out that we had missed an episode somewhere along the line. Yeah, the show is getting stupid just like all other tv shows do, but it is still airing new shows, so it's something we've been trying to watch. That fbi lady is annoying though; and Larry too. Yeah, it's probably a dumb show. But still. My other favorite is 'Life'. It's going the same way too though. And I used to like 'Medium' for some strange reason, but I didn't even bother to watch it last night. Watched 'Two and a Half Men' instead. It's a terrible show, but it is extremely funny. Then we caught a bit of Gordon Lightfoot on PBS. Wow. We were hoping to get tickets to see him in Fort Wayne later this month, but after watching him last night... I think I'll pass.

Well, I suppose it's time to get up and go out into the freezing cold again. I just saw that it was 8f. At least the sun is shining.