Monday, May 25, 2009

Sleeping in the back yard

Lady Jane and I have this saying when it's a really nice night out: "This would be a great night to sleep outside." Last night we went to the $3 theater and saw "Taken" (which was really good, btw), and when we got home at 9:30 we said it, and then... we did it. I snagged the tent from the top of the garage, and even though it was getting dark we had it up in less than 10 minutes. We even took the futon mattress out and laid on that.

After setting it up we came back inside and watched the end of the Cavs/Magic game. Then Drew Carrie arrived (with dirty, dirty feet), and around midnight we headed out to our backyard campground (just Jane and I). It truly was a great night to sleep outside. It was kinda windy, and we pretended the tent flapping in the breeze was ocean waves cracking in the distance.

I laid awake for a long time and just enjoyed the sounds. It was nice. Now my breakfast is ready. Then I'll head over to the office. I love it when Jane has holidays off.

No comments: