Thursday, June 18, 2009

Riding the storm out

Well this is fun. My alarm went off at 6 am, and as soon as I hit snooze... the tornado siren started blaring. I looked out my third floor hotel room window and it was blowing like crazy and the darkness was rolling in. So, I decided to head downstairs and get my morning coffee. I walked out my door and the hallway curtain was almost horizontal. I went down the three flights of stairs and there was quite a little congregation of half-asleep, pajama-clad guests gathered in the lobby. Some guy with a really nice camera on a tripod was telling people that it seemed to be moving away. Some people really freak out in storms. It doesn't usually bother me - as long as I'm not driving in it - and especially not when I am still tired. So I hung around for a bit, then headed back upstairs for a blueberry poptart. I'm still on vacation in breakfast land. It appears to just be a regular ol' thunderstorm at this point. I suppose I could turn the tv on, but news is just so depressing. What the heck, I think I'll just have another poptart instead.

So I guess our conference will be ending with a bang and a swirl today. I'll write some about that later.

Peace out; and in.

1 comment:

patti said...

Wouldn't have recognized you with the long hair!
Sounds like a good father-son story, too.