Saturday, August 29, 2009

Doctor visit

I had to go to the doctor again yesterday. Just a routine visit for my blood pressure. It was 130/88, but he said that was ok since I'm healthy otherwise. So we're staying with the same meds. Personally, I would like to see it lower than that, and I think it probably will go down some when I start running again. I have not been exercising at all.

My weight was 176, which is 5 pounds heavier than I was on May 30 (which is when I quit running). I was afraid maybe I'd gained more, and this is almost as heavy as I've ever been. I probably got a little heavier when I was in seminary, but not much. What's weird is that my waist hasn't really gotten bigger. So it must all be in my head or something. I would like to work on shrinking my head down so I could be around 155 actually. That is when I feel the best. But with the great cooks presently living in our house... I'm not getting my hopes up.

I have to go back again in three months, so my next visit will be the week before Thanksgiving, and the wedding (and I have another wedding the week before that - but it's not my daughters). I would be surprised if my blood pressure is lower at that time. However, after that week it might be. :)

No comments: