Monday, September 07, 2009

Rebelling against the rebel

I've been thinking about this for awhile, and then in my daily devotional Bible reading the other morning I was hit between the eyes with Titus 3. Just the first two verses...
Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men (or mankind).

Argh. You know, I really hate having a rebellious attitude. It's not like I want to be like this. I don't like being a rebel. I don't want to be. I don't want to be disagreeable with people, or inconsiderate, or anything. And I think you can disagree with people, and even protest certain things, but there's a nice way to do it; a respectful way. That's how I want to be. But I need help.

No comments: