Friday, October 16, 2009

A random friday but not necessarily off

It is my day off, even though this week it won't necessarily be off, though it's nothing seriously on.

I have a regional/district pastors meeting today at noon at a church up by IPFW. The region's new part-time guy is supposed to be telling us about the "transformation process" available for the local church, and the director is supposed to be updating us about the cggc and the mrc. What I don't understand is: who has a noon meeting and doesn't have lunch? Whatever.

Then this evening we have a wedding rehearsal. This should be a no-hassles wedding ceremony, so I don't mind at all. Plus I like the couple and their families.

Daughter Carrie is off to work at Best Buy today. Last night was her first night, and she ended up working a cash register. Not sure what she'll be doing today. She doesn't have a blue shirt yet though.

We heard from son Isaac yesterday afternoon. He made it to Nicaragua. I guess they had an hour bus ride from the airport to where they are staying. He gets no phone reception, and internet is intermittant. He also said it was really HOT. Mid-nineties hot. That actually sounds kinda good since it is about 35f here.

Last night we had our last private dance lesson in our introductory offer. We reviewed East Coast Swing (which we took as a group lesson). That helped a lot, because I just could not get the hang of it. Instead of triple-steps, you kind of just raise up on your toe and step. But then when we got home I couldn't do it again. Argh. Then we reviewed Rumba and Chad taught us the Open Break & Underarm Turn, as well as some footwork technique. We're supposed to always come down on our toes, and slide our feet across the floor instead of taking steps. It's also very hippy (or sexy, as he said). Some rumba video lessons HERE and HERE. We saw many familiar faces at the group class going on at the same time. And Chad's house had caught fire the previous night. He lives with his uncle and takes care of him - he is on dialysis. Apparently a candle caught a doily on fire.

So anyway... we have one open dance left, and then we have to decide if we want to continue with another package of classes. Geez, I can't believe I am actually even considering it, but I do have to admit that it's kind of fun. Not that we are good dancers at all - we're still not really even dancers - but it's fun meeting new people, and just getting out and about.

Afterward we went to this new place that we've been frequenting. It's a nice place, and they seem to have live music just about every night; but I got the nachos last night, and they were probably the worst nachos I have ever had. I am still recovering this morning.

I should probably vacuum. Haven't done that in awhile.

Peace out; and in.

No comments: