Thursday, February 18, 2010

Goodbye to you, my trusted friend

It was one year ago today that I said goodbye to our little dog, Bogey. You can read all the gory details HERE. I still feel rotten about the whole thing. And... I don't know that I ever want another dog... but I miss him.

I knew it had happened sometime in February, and the other day I heard 'Seasons in the Sun' on the radio, and it made me think about Bogey, so I looked back in my archives to see exactly when it was. I wish I hadn't re-read the post. So, to change the subject, I remember hearing that song all the time on WLS while growing up; listening to it on a transistor radio. I guess I never really knew the story behind it, or that Terry Jacks actually got it from somebody else. Which doesn't really matter to me...

As another aside... I'm getting really tired of reading about people defending emergent as NOT being dead. You know, if you have to try to convince people that you're alive...

I really don't care. I just miss my dog.

1 comment:

JAH said...

So strange, I had just thought of that yesterday and was going to look on my phone to see when I took my last picture. I miss him too.