Friday, April 02, 2010

The maundy thursday service

Last night we had a group of 10 gather at the church for our Maundy Thursday service. We had a fairly liturgical service - just like last years (only the names and date were changed). I thought it went quite well. And I thought it was interesting that of the 10 people, 5 were men and 5 were women, but Jane and I were the only couple. I'm not sure what that means, but I think it's interesting.

One difference from last year's was communion. This year we all gathered in a circle and we passed the bread around (Hawaian bread), and then I served everyone a little cup from the tray. Scott prayed for the bread and Jim for the juice.

It lasted about an hour (though there were two ladies there 30 minutes before it started).

Tonight we have a community Good Friday service at Nine Mile UM. We are doing a Tenebrae service. It should be pretty neat. I've participated in one other one. I am doing a reading and extinguishing a candle. Looking forward to it.

No comments: