Friday, August 06, 2010

Air conditioner

I finally broke down and put the window air conditioner in my office yesterday. It has been so stinking hot and humid, and I just couldn't take it anymore. It's much better now.

I don't really know why I was holding off on putting it in. No one told me not to. I suppose to some extent it made me feel 'holier'... like I was "sufferin' for Jesus" to sit and sweat all day. Which I realize is rather stupid. Even though there are lots of people I know who don't have air conditioning at work, or even at home for that matter. But I'm not one of them. So, I swallowed my pride and admitted that I am as soft and comfort-driven as anyone else...

The one thing I don't like though, is that it can only go in one window, and where it's at it blows right in my face; and there's really no way to set my office up so that it's not; and I hate having air blowing on me. But... whatever. Such is life - it blows... hahaha.

I'm still going to wear shorts and t-shirts though.

No comments: