Saturday, March 26, 2011

There is something finer

Seinfeld was wrong. He said "There's nothing finer than eating in your diner." Well... I have found something much finer.

Last night we got to babysit our granddaughter again. She is now getting to where she 'looks' at you and watches you and responds. I made a popping noise with my mouth and she broke out into a big smile and... well, that just about made my year.

I even put a car seat in our car yesterday. Not that we've used it yet, but we are ready. It's been a long time since one of our cars has had a car seat in it. In fact, even when they did, they were nothing like the car seats today. Took me forever to figure out how to put it in the car, and I'm still not sure I did it right.

Getting ready to start painting...

4 comments:

Jim L said...

When my grandson Logan (now six) was about six months old, we were visiting at my parents and Meghann and family were up. I was all alone with him in the living room, holding him on my lap. Logan was looking right at me, and for some reason I stuck out my tongue at him. He looked really seriously at me, then stuck his tongue out at me. I laughed, then he smiled. Then I did it again. Then he did it again. I laughed again, and he smiled again.

Jim L said...

[For some reason, part of my earlier comment got cut off.]

Meghann said a few days later, "All of a sudden, Logan's started sticking his tongue out all the time." "Oh, uh, that was me. Sorry." :)

GREAT memories, over something trivial and silly that he can't remember and I'll never forget.

dan said...

"...something...that he can't remember and I'll never forget."

:)

Larry Geiger said...

Ah yes. The best days of our lives!