Friday, July 15, 2011

Mowing & weed spraying

I mowed at the church yesterday. Since I spent half the previous night with someone from church I went ahead and mowed in the morning while it was still cool. There still wasn't much grass, so I once again mowed real high and just evened off the tops of the weeds ("mowing high" sounds like it should be illegal). I felt sorry for the grass because it is so brown and brittle. I swear I could hear it weeping from time to time. I mowed east/west, and it did look nice when I got done. It had been 2 weeks since the last mowing (and that was 2 weeks since the previous).

I also sprayed the weeds with roundup Wednesday, and they were looking like they were dying. This was the second time I've sprayed this year. It would be nice if I didn't have to do it again, but I might one more time. We'll see.

I was going to mow at home last night, but instead we babysat the cutest little girl. I may mow today if I can muster the energy.

No comments: