Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Blood test

I had to get a blood test today. It is for my doctors appointment at the end of the month, but I wouldn't have been able to get the test next week, so I went ahead and did it this morning. I went to the Lab Corp connected to Jane's doctors office (Lutheran). I walked right in and right out - it probably didn't take 10 minutes, including all the paperwork and whatnot. And the lady who did it was super. I barely even felt her stick the needle in and before I knew it she had 2 huge vials of blood. I was a little worried because she was late getting to work (she actually came in after me, and I didn't get there until a half hour after they opened), then she dropped several vials and needles on the floor when trying to get them. She told me she had just quit smoking and drinking coffee both. So we talked about the quitting smoking thing. I told her I quit like 20-some years ago. She actually asked me a bunch of questions and we sat there and talked about it for awhile. It was kind of weird. Anyway, then I left. I wasn't really even all that hungry this morning for having to fast. I didn't eat, drink, take any medicine, or even brush my teeth before going. In fact, having just ate, I should probably go take my meds and brush my teeth now. I was getting tested for sugar and triglycerides, and I think my liver (or something).

No comments: