Thursday, December 29, 2011

Books and conferences for 2011

These are the books I read and conferences I attended in 2011:

Books:

- Peril and Peace: Volume I: Chronicles of the Ancient Church, by Brandon and Mindy Withrow

- The Good and Beautiful God, by James Bryon Smith

- Radical, by David Platt

- Managing Transitions: Making the Most of Change (3rd Edition), by William Bridges

- Get A Life!: It IS All About You, by Reggie McNeal

- To Transform A City, by Eric Swanson and Sam Williams

- Good To Great: and the Social Sectors, by Jim Collins

- One.Life, by Scot McKnight

- Economy of Love, by Relational Tithe (Darin Peterson & Shane Claiborne)

- Shattered Dreams: God’s Unexpected Path to Joy, by Larry Crabb

- The Wounded Healer, by Henri Nouwen


Conferences & Seminars:

- Missional Leadership Initiative retreat #4, Salk Fork State Park, Ohio, Jan. 24-26

- Missional Leadership Initiative retreat #5, Salk Fork State Park, Ohio, May 9-11

- MRC Convention (with Neil Cole), Decatur, IL June 20-22

- Cornerstone Festival, Bushnell, IL, June 30 (seminars by Jim Henderson and Andrew Jones)

- Missional Leadership Initiative retreat #6, Salk Fork State Park, Ohio, Sept. 19-21

- Missional Learning Commons (with David Fitch), Northern Seminary, Lombard, IL, Oct. 28-29

2 comments:

Tammie said...

The Wounded Healer has been on my "to read" list forever! Maybe 2012 is the year I'll get to it. Have a blessed new year ... with lots of good reading (that you can then recommend to us.)

dan said...

Hi Tammie,
It had been on my "to read" list for a long time too. It was definitely worth it. And it's a short read. In fact, it probably took me less time than any other book I read this year. I highly recommend it.

Happy New Year to you too!