Saturday, January 19, 2013

Just a couple of sickos

M'lady and I are both under the weather now. She has it much worse than me. I started getting sick Thursday night, and really have just had the dry heaves and body aches - and just can't really move much. She went to work yesterday and was fine, but after she got home from work, and delivered some items to the kids' house, she came home and was basically throwing up all night long. I felt pretty bad because it sounded pretty bad.

This morning I don't feel too awful terrible, but I'm still stiff and sore, and haven't really done much yet. Jane got up and took some tylenol. She said her stomach is a little better but her head really hurts.

Fortunately she got someone to work for her this morning, and I don't have anything I really need to do until tonight. I'm supposed to do a memorial service for a family. I imagine I'll be able to get through that. I hope.

I remember Neil Young said once that he wrote like 4 songs one day when he had the flu. They were all fairly popular ones too, if I recall. Not me. I just laid on the couch the entire day yesterday. I got up and went to the bathroom a couple times, checked the computer a couple times, otherwise it was either laying on the couch or laying on the floor.

I hate being sick. I don't remember being this sick in quite awhile. Next year I will be getting a flu shot. I've never gotten one before. I think it will be worth it.

3 comments:

Jim L said...

FWIW, this was the sickest I've been in a decade, at least (the sickest Les says she's seen me), AND I had a flu shot this past fall. I don't think what's hitting everyone is "the flu," but some GI-tract thing. So, yes, get the flu shot, because you should (esp. if you're doing hospital and nursing home visits), but don't expect it to stop every bug that comes down the pike. Just sayin'. :)

Hope you both get to feeling better!

dan said...

Yeah, I think you're right, Jim. But I've never even considered getting a flu shot before... :)

Glad to hear you're on the mend. Sounds like you had it way worse than us.

Take care!

Carrie said...

Anna got a flu shot this year...