Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Nuts

I'm coming out... I like nuts. My personal preference is for cashews, or the "deluxe" mixed nuts. I also like peanuts. But I generally tend to force myself to go with walnuts and almonds. I think they are supposed to be the best for you. It figures that I don't like their taste as much as some others. I also like pistachios, but they seem to be a bit on the expensive side.

I usually get my nuts at the grocery store - one of those big resealable ziplock bags. I can't eat them everyday - they can give me stomach problems - but a handful here and there keeps me happy. Well, actually, I could eat a bagful at a time. But I think we're supposed to limit ourselves to just what will fit into our hand. So I try.

Here is an article from health.com on 'Best and Worst Nuts For Your Health.'

No comments: