1. We were supposed to get a "big storm" during the night last night. I would guess there is maybe a half inch of snow on the ground... and it's over. I'll take that. Last week it seemed to snow for about three days straight, but none of it stuck on the ground. I don't mind snow like that at all.
2. I've been getting into putting blueberries in my oatmeal lately. Jane said something about it one morning, so I tried it, and it is good. I just put 12-14 berries in the oatmeal before I nuke it. Yes, we use the instant/microwavable oatmeal. We've tried the other stuff and this is just too easy and convenient. We have found that we really like the 'market pantry' brand from Target. Mostly we eat the Maple & Brown Sugar (low sugar), though I also like the Apple Cinnamon. I also figured out how to measure the right amount of milk to use. After emptying the packet of oatmeal into the bowl I put the milk in the packet, fill it about 2/3 full, pour it on the oatmeal, then add the berries, and put it in the microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds. Perfect. Just had some. Mmmmm...
3. I've also been watching this show "Dollhouse" on my kindle when I walk on the treadmill lately. I don't even remember this being on TV, but apparently it was on the Fox network in 2009-2010. It's a sci-fi sort of show created by Joss Whedon about this corporation that has found a way to wipe the memories of people and implant them with temporary personalities and skills. Then people sort of "rent" these people (known as "dolls") to do whatever it is they want. They could help track crime, or help them live out a fantasy, or recreate a memory from their past, or... whatever. All the while there is this FBI guy who is trying to uncover the organization. I think there are 27 episodes, and I just started into season 2. I'm kind of hooked on it. I think it's the first time I've ever watched anything where I watched one episode after the other in sequence. Each episode lasts around 50 minutes, so it's just right for when I walk on the treadmill - including the stretching before and after.
4. Speaking of TV... I have it playing in the background this morning. I guess I turned it on when I got up to hear about the weather (since Jane had to drive to the North end of Fort Wayne for a meeting). I almost NEVER have any sound on while I am home, or at the office for that matter. I basically sit in silence almost all day every day. We usually watch some TV at night, but I never watch or listen to TV or the radio (or other music) during the day. I don't know when I started that, or why. It just sort of seems normal now. It's probably not healthy though. Or maybe it is... I don't know. I have to admit, it is really distracting having it on in the background. Maybe I'm old.
5. I've been writing in my journal again. Actually, I usually type it and insert the typed page. Writing by hand just takes so stinking long. But I do like to write (by hand) every now and then. Anyway, I've been writing/typing in the journal because I just really like to write things down. I think it helps me work through things, and I suppose in some respects I think it will be interesting some day to look back and read about what was going on and what I was thinking and things like that.