Saturday, March 30, 2013

First outdoor run of the year

I ran outside yesterday. 3.2 miles, in 34 minutes. My knees both felt great - though I wore elastic support on both of them, and still iced the right one down afterward. It was 42f and sunny when I ran from 11:15-11:49. A beautiful day.

I have been walking on the treadmill just 3 days a week or so for awhile. Then I started jogging some a few weeks ago. Again, only 3 days a week. I think the rest between days has been good for my knees. So... hopefully I am on the mend. It felt good to hit the trail again. Even though part of it was under water. I ran down Lower Huntington and went North toward Foster Park when I got to the Rivergreenway. The playground along where those apartments are is about 1.5 miles from home (the blue slide is 1.55 miles exactly). I didn't see anyone else, and the river was high. It was nice.

No comments: