1. I did something really stupid yesterday. A guy came to the door and asked if I had any trees trimmed. I have actually been meaning to have some trees trimmed in the back yard, but had been too lazy to contact anyone. So I thought, "great!" So we went out and perused the situation. There were some limbs hanging over our house and over the power line, and he said he could take those down in no time. He shot me a price, and after thinking about it, I offered a lower price. He said "ok" and off he went to get his partner. He did give me a business card that said they were licensed and insured and all, and I briefly thought, "Hmm... I wonder if I should call the number just to make sure he's legit?" But I didn't. I admit, he caught me in a week moment. But then he rang the doorbell again and asked if I had a ladder they could borrow. Gulp. They had one ladder, but said two would be really helpful. So I loaned them my ladder, and started to get a sick feeling in my stomach. Then they started dropping limbs... and just dropping them on the roof of the house, and on the power line... I just prayed that they wouldn't get hurt - which was probably only because I prayed that they didn't. Anyway, they got done, and didn't do a terrible job - even though they didn't exactly do a great job either - but I was glad they didn't get hurt and glad to have the limbs cleaned up and the trees trimmed. It wasn't until this morning that I noticed the supposed name of the company on the business card they gave me: T & A Tree Care. Haha... at least it was kinda funny. But I have learned my lesson about hiring a cold caller to do housework for me (or any kind of work).
2. I don't think I ever wrote about Easter 2013. Maybe I did. Anyway, we had a nice crowd for the breakfast - maybe 70 (egg casserole and biscuits & gravy). We also had a nice crowd for the worship service - over 100. It's probably been awhile since we've been over 100. Isaac and Ricci were there too. They came up because we did a child dedication for Bennett (the grandson). That was pretty awesome, and he was really good. All in all it was a pretty good day. Drew's dad even came - which I was happy about. Then the 8 of us went to Applebees for our usual Easter lunch, then went to Drew Carrie's for dessert afterward. We hung around there until evening, and then Isaac and Ricci needed to leave. A very good day.
3. You know, one thing I really do not like is people who feed me a load of crap. I have never understood why people lie to one another. And I don't have much use for people who just tell me what they think I want to hear even though it is not at all what they think.
4. I visited three people in nursing homes yesterday. This is not one of my favorite things to do, but I usually feel better after I have done it. They were all three in Bluffton, but in two different places. Both are two of the better nursing homes I've been in. The one lady couldn't hear a word I said, and I was talking as loud as I could. The second lady has kind of lost her mind. At first she seemed alright, but then she was somewhere else entirely. The third lady was really very nice and could hear and understand and everything, but she doesn't really care for visitors. So after about five minutes she kindly told me I could leave. She does at least thank me for visiting though. So, that was that.
5. I can't really think of anything else at the moment. I guess I'm starting to get excited for the summer. We have some pretty big plans. I'll talk more about that later.