Saturday, April 13, 2013

Life of pi

We hadn't been to a movie in awhile, so yesterday afternoon we took in Life of Pi at the $3 theater. I didn't have any idea what it was about but knew Carrie said the book was really good. The movie was pretty good too. I'm not sure I understand all the imagery and whatnot yet, but it certainly made me think. It was sort of about God and self and that sort of thing.

One of my favorite lines from the movie: "I suppose in the end, the whole of life becomes an act of letting go, but what always hurts the most is not taking a moment to say goodbye." ....Yeah....

I'm not a real big fan of the cheap theater. Not that I don't like the concept, but it has more to do with the facility. It's pretty clean, but just kind of old; and a little smelly. Anyhew, I am glad it's there. We bought two tickets for a total of $6, and a large popcorn, large drink, and candy for $11, so the total experience cost us less than just the tickets would have cost at the other theater. Not a bad way to spend a lazy afternoon.

No comments: