Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Mood chart

This week I started charting my moods on a daily basis. I have a chart that goes from 1-100. It is broken into the following areas:
0-15 Extreme Low
15-25 Severe Low
25-35 Moderate Low
35-45 Mild Low
45-55 Normal
55-65 Mild High
65-75 Moderate High
75-85 Severe High
85-100 Extreme High

I just put a dot on the graph as to where my daily mood is. The idea is to look for patterns. This past Sunday was probably a Mild High for the most part. Yesterday was probably a Moderate Low. I'm hoping today will swing back up a bit. A healthy person should fall into the 45-55 area on a regular basis. Certainly there will be times of discouragement and excitement, but if there is a pattern that develops, or a continued trend, then you need to look for something wrong. For instance, there is a difference between discouragement and depression. Continued discouragement can lead to depression, but they are not the same thing.

I am sure there is somewhat of a pattern each week from Sunday to Monday that is specific to pastors. We'll see how this goes.

No comments: