Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Learning to run

I was talking to a guy the other night who has run 13 half-marathons in 13 years (all in Indianapolis). He recommended this book 'Born To Run' by Christopher McDougall. So I went home and googled it and found websites with all kinds of info on running and running technique. One that kind of just blew my mind was this short video on a very simple way to learn how to run: http://www.nytimes.com/video/2011/11/02/magazine/100000001149415/the-lost-secret-of-running.html

There was also another short video on good running form that was quite helpful too: http://youtu.be/8XiwtiDTlYU.

So, as I sit here with plantar fasciitis, I'm trying to decide if I should get fit with orthotics... or invest in barefoot running gear and a pair of Luna sandals. Ugh...

At any rate, I need to remind myself every now and then to watch these two videos. It seems the key to good running is learning how to run right (and light). Good stuff. Maybe if I'd watched these earlier I would be able to run the CC marathon this year. :(

No comments: