Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Daily devotions

I have to confess, my devotional life sucks anymore. I rarely if ever read the bible, I can't remember the last book I read, I don't listen to or watch any podcasts, I don't even read any blogs anymore. Every now and then I've tried forcing myself, but I just haven't been interested and I can't maintain it. So one day I was thinking about where it all started for me. I think it was reading Our Daily Bread. Jane's mom used to pass them out at our church back home. The church I used to pastor also had them available for people. I'm pretty sure that when I first became a Christian that's what I started out using as a daily devotional. Eventually I came to not give them much thought because I thought they were a tad 'shallow.' But that's kind of where I am right now. So I went to the odb website and signed up to have them emailed to me each day. You can even have someone read the Scripture for you if you like. So..... it's not much... but it's a start.

No comments: