Monday, March 10, 2014

A fourth song

I picked up a guitar one day last week for the first time in a long time. I have only played for a handful of brief times since early last May. One thing I have been meaning to do for years, though, is have a 4 or 5 song set-list I could play at the drop of a hat. I'm pretty sure on the first 3. I combine Dylan's 'Knockin' On Heaven's Door' and Neil Young's 'Helpless' using the same rhythm and chord patterns, and then continue right into Rich Mullin's' 'Hold Me, Jesus.' I just can't seem to come up with a 4th song that brings it to a close. I would like it to be somewhat upbeat (leaving on a high note), and often I end with Dylan's 'Baby Let Me Follow You Down.' I hate to do 2 Dylan songs though. I've thought about Arlo Guthrie's 'Comin' Into Los Angeles,' but it's not a natural rhythm for me. So... I'm on the look-out for a 4th song.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Van Morrison. Not Brown Eyed Girl but something from the Moondance album. I'm not sure what song would be best, obviously I have a favorite but maybe not that one either.

JAH said...

John Prine. Angel from Montgomery. I think that should be song #3 and then close with Hold Me Jesus. Just a thought. :)

Jim L said...

I take it Led Zeppelin's "Hey Hey What Can I Do?" or Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Mississippi Kid" aren't exactly what you're looking for, so I vote for Rod Stewart's "Every Picture Tells a Story." :)