Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Words...

I am somewhat stunned silent at the moment. I'm also 'live' blogging (I'm writing it now, rather than yesterday or sometime last week and just now publishing).

I just read a long, long letter from someone I consider a close friend. The thing is - we've never met or even talked. So it's kind of weird. But sometimes I think certain people are just sort of cosmically drawn together. Heck, maybe it's a "God thing." Anyway, my friend poured out his heart... and I just don't even know what to say. I can relate to what he's going through on so many levels. I thought maybe if I just started typing... I don't know... maybe something would come out.

But it's not...

I will say this, though... At the close of his long email he ended with the following words... and they brought me to tears. Some of the nicest words anyone has ever said to me, and at such a time as this...

He said,
Honestly, and I mean this more than you will ever realize, you are one of the few reasons I ever gave Christianity another chance. You made a real difference in my life, through your words, and mostly through your words when you felt weakest. Hence this...confession. Spew. Rant. Whatever.
I know you're in a different place now, but know that - even remotely, even with one person - your words made a difference. Multiple times. A lot of times. Really.


I need to think on that. Especially the underlined part. I am completely humbled. Unable to find any words at the moment.

Peace.

3 comments:

MR said...

he writes well, I'm guessing a blogger. And sure, I know what he's talking about. Thank goodness we're not all destroyed at the same time or there would be no well-timed words of consolation in the abyss of despair. Like you said "you are not alone."

Pastor D said...

Respond as you are speaking to a friend. And I like the opening "you are not alone.."

JAH said...

Humbling. True. Love ya.