Monday, February 16, 2015

Invited

Yesterday I was invited to be involved in 2 different groups at church. First, while I was opening the door for people (we were greeters yesterday), there was a guy that left, but then he came back in. He said he has started a men's prayer group that meets on Tuesday nights from 7-8. He said there are usually only 4 or 5 guys there. He said that after he left he just kinda felt like he should come back in and invite me. I thought that was nice. I can't remember his name though.

Then, later, after church, Tom asked me if I would want to be in a 9-week men's bible study. They limit the group to 10 guys. I thought that sounded good too, but it is also on Tuesday nights, from 6:22-8pm. It sorta seems like it might be older guys, but I'm not sure why I think that.

So, there ya go... two different invites, but both on the same night, and both for men only. I would really like to be in something with Jane. I don't know if it's best to take advantage of these invites while I've got them; if maybe God is trying to tell me something; or if I need to be more selective and stick to my instincts. You know, sometimes it's best to not jump at the first invitation. Like being the new kid at school... you're so starved to make a friend, but it always seems to be the wrong kid that befriends you first (because nobody else wants to be their friend). But sometimes God works in mysterious ways too. So, we'll see.