Sunday, April 19, 2015

First mowing and motorcycle ride of the summer

I mowed the lawn for the first time this summer yesterday. I wasn't actually planning to, but when I ran the gas out of the snow blower I decided to get the mower out and see if it would start. I didn't actually plan to even use the old mower anymore. I thought it was probably done for. However, as usual, it started on the very first pull! So I raised it to the 2nd from highest notch and just evened off the grass.

The first mowing last year wasn't until May 3rd, and the year before that was April 26th. So this is a little early. It probably didn't need it, but it was such a nice day out. It was in the upper 70's. I see from last year's post that I didn't think the mower would make it through the year, but she surprised me again. I don't know if the deck can last this year though.


 I also got the motorcycle out yesterday. I was just seeing if it would start too, and decided to take it around the block. I got a big blister on the back of my left calf when I swung my leg over the first time. I guess that's what I get for wearing shorts on a motorcycle. Anyway, it started up pretty good too. I let it warm up quite awhile, and it seemed to run good as well.