Sunday, May 31, 2015

Stellhorn and babysitting

I worked at the Stellhorn facility yesterday. I was filling in for the son-in-law, and it had been quite awhile since I've worked there. Fortunately things work basically the same at all of our facilities, but it started a little tense.

I was driving there and encountered a road that was closed. I turned around and went to take an alternate route, and there was a 5k or something using that road. I had to wait awhile, and ended up being a couple minutes late. Of course there were two people waiting for me when I got there, and it about a half hour before I even had a chance to turn the office light on. It slowed down after that and I had an otherwise uneventful day.

Saturday hours are 9 am - 2 pm, and when I arrived home at 2:30 we had a house full of kids. This was the weekend we were keeping the 3 grandkids. Once again we lived to tell about it.

Anna LOVED the ping pong table. She could really hit the ball well. I don't think I've ever heard her laugh so much in her life. Bennett just started going to the bathroom on his potty chair. And he went about every hour. He only had a few "misses," but I was always on the lookout for a stray wet or brown spot on the floor. He is growing up really fast, and Anna was such an encourager for him. Caleb... well, he is Caleb. He is a crazy kid who doesn't mess around. He has a strange attachment to my beard, and likes for me to hold him so he can rub his cheeks up against it.

Everyone slept really good. We put Caleb to bed in the pack-n-play (in our room) around 8-ish. He cried for about a minute and was out for the night other than waking up once just to find his pacifier. He slept until 7:30 this morning. Anna and Bennett fell asleep on the couch around 9-9:30. Bennett sleeps in the crib in the far room, and I finally went in to get him around 8:30. Anna woke up once and didn't know where she was. Jane ended up sleeping with her, and she slept until around 7:30 or so too. So we all got a fairly good nights sleep, but we also played hard while they were here too.

All in all, it wasn't a bad weekend, even though it rained pretty much all of Saturday and so far Sunday.