Sunday, October 25, 2015

Babysitting and running the rat race

We watched the 3 grandkids Saturday overnight. Drew Carrie had a wedding, so we had them from around 1 Saturday, and then had to get them around and take them to the early service at church this morning. They were good, but we are waaaaay out of practice with this. It's fun having them around every now and then though. They are all three quite different personalities.


This afternoon we then ran the River City Rat Race for the second year in a row. The local YMCA puts it on as a fundraiser. I think I heard them say there were 1100+ runners this year. Jane and I ran together for the 5k, then I kept going and did the 10k. Carrie did the 5k and finished ahead of us. Jane and I averaged between 10-11 min/miles on the 5k. I never even noticed what we ran it in. I sped up some to 9-9 1/2 min./miles for the second 5k. I wasn't really shooting for a time or anything, but do have to admit that I kind of like passing people. Anyway, it was a beautiful day for a run, and this is a magnificently beautiful course through downtown Fort Wayne and along the river.

Jane and I are in the center of this video at about the 2:15 mark (she's in a green shirt; I'm in a black one):


They're off at the River City Rat Race 10k Run and 5k Race/Walk!
Posted by River City Rat Race 10k Run and 5k Race/Walk on Sunday, October 25, 2015