Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Beard, treadmill, and sleep


Just a few random thoughts today. Not that Facebook is asking... Actually, they are, but I prefer lately to put more here than there, but these are simply some things on my mind this morning. Occasionally I like keeping track of where my head is for nothing more than posterity. So...

I did a major trim on my beard last night. Ugh. Now I regret it. It's one of those strange things. Contrary to what my parents may think, I really don't like looking like a bum. However, I was hoping to let my beard grow for a full year (anyway). It will be a year in 10 days. So why did I trim it now? I don't know. Certainly I have trimmed it before, and I didn't take a lot off the length, but mostly just the sides. Anyway, it's not a big deal, but I am currently arguing with myself over what to do when November gets here. The wife and grandkids like it, but sometimes it is a bit of a pain to deal with. So... we'll see.

After taking all last week off from running, I've started back on the treadmill this week. Fortunately my calves (achilles) feel fine, and my legs, feet and knees all feel fine in general. I've just been doing a slow 5 mph jog for 2 1/2-3 miles, and it feels really good. I like being able to work up a good sweat but not wearing myself down. I'm also signed up for a 10k this coming Sunday. Depending on how that goes, I may still sign up and run the half-marathon in November (instead of the full marathon). Even though I don't feel much like running at the moment, it makes me feel better after I get done, and I'm glad my legs are back to feeling good.

Part of my problem at this time of year is this feeling like I just want to hibernate. Holy cow, is it hard to get out of bed in the morning. I think it's a combination of the weather changing, allergies, and staying dark later in the morning. Not that I feel bad, but just sort of 'floaty-tired.' It's kind of like being on muscle relaxers or something. Again, I'm not complaining, but it's a different feeling. It's not a worn down feeling, but just sleepy.

So, that's what I was thinking about this morning. Time to do some reading, and then I do have this job thing. There are a few items I would like to check off my to-do list, plus I need to start getting ready for the next auction we have coming up.