Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Random thoughts


Just thinking about some things this morning (minus the tequila)...

MISSION/MINISTRY -
I believe a proper missional mindset requires a ministry of presence more than a mere ministry of projects. Not that work projects are bad, but they are of little to no value if they don't first come out of the felt presence of Christ.

DISCIPLESHIP -
If your discipleship (or disciple-making) strategy is focused on developing leaders in your church, you might not be making disciples of Jesus. I am concerned that some popular methods currently in use seem to be nothing more than leadership development strategies. I wonder just how well Jesus would measure up in many of our churches...

WORK -
For some odd reason I have been really busy at work lately. I realize we have a new building opening any day now - and that requires a lot of time and thinking because of all the people involved in that process - but this is supposed to be our slow time of year. I think I rented more units in October than I've ever rented in a single month! I have a list a mile long of things I need to do, and it seems every day I just add more things instead of crossing things off. Oh well. I don't mind it, but it isn't leaving me much time to read and blog. ;)

HOME -
I did finally get most of the leaves out to the curb. I will probably try to mow (short) one more time this year. I'm also thinking this might be a good year to finally get a portable generator. It sounds like we may have more ice/freezing rain this winter than snow. I failed to redo the garage floor again this summer. There's always next year.

BACK/HEALTH -
My back is still sore, but it is feeling much much better. Most of the time I can freely move about without a grimace. I've been using a heating pad a couple times a day. I've never used heat very much, but it must be helping. I am also still taking ibuprofen on an irregular basis. As far as the cough and runny nose, I must have had a cold. I am feeling better than I was, but still dealing with the lingering effects.

COACHING -
Every time I read something about coaching I think I need to carve out more time for it. Then the rest of the time I think I don't have the time or energy to be anywhere near competent at it. It is still something I would like to do; I still think I'm fairly okay at it; I also still believe there is a need for low-cost coaching as a ministry. I just need to make a decision one of these days if I'm going to push forward or not.

Okay, that's about all I've got time for today. Back to work.