Monday, November 02, 2015

Turning 53


Today is my 53rd birthday. It's also a basically normal Monday. I got up a little after 6 am, read the news and such online, had breakfast, took a walk around the neighborhood, and went to work.

Jane did surprise me and get me a McDonald's sausage & egg McMuffin for breakfast. She also got us tickets to see Jackson Browne when he comes to town in a couple weeks.

Tonight I plan to have my traditional birthday feast of a Tombstone Deluxe frozen pizza and probably watch Gotham on the TV.

Today has been a beautiful day. It's around 70 and perfectly sunny.

I weighed myself this morning and I have gained a few pounds lately (I've been eating terrible and haven't been running regularly). I weighed in at 159. I had gotten down to 155. Both are better than the 167 I was at on last year's birthday.

I think I've taken this birthday pretty well in stride this year. I started back on the full prescription of zoloft a couple weeks ago and I believe that has helped. It also helped to just treat today like a normal day. I've been keeping myself busy and trying not to dwell on anything. My life is pretty good and I don't know that I need to prove anything to anyone.

I'm still working at the self-storage facility, and I've pretty much given up of ever pastoring a church again. Not that I would be opposed to it, but I've not received much encouragement to move in that direction, and that's okay.

I've been ignoring Facebook today, and I am thinking of kinda dropping away from it a bit anyway. So much of what I read on there only seems to irritate me. I don't know...

All in all, it's another day, and that's not bad.