Thursday, February 18, 2016

7 years

I've always been more of a "cat" person than a "dog" person. Not that I don't like dogs, but we always had hunting dogs when I grew up, which meant they stayed outside. We had cats inside the house. We briefly had a dog in the house when our kids were young, so Bogey was really the first dog I grew very attached to. It was 7 years ago today that I finally had to take him to the vet and have him put down. His back legs/hips just wouldn't work anymore. It was honestly one of the saddest days of my life. Here's the post from when it happened: http://12ddm.blogspot.com/2009/02/hes-not-here.html

I will be listening to Terry Jacks' 'Seasons In The Sun' today in honor of the ol' boy. This is a pic from when he used to wait for me by the front door so he could spend the day at the church with me (when I was pastoring). He would sit and look out the door all day at the church; never make a sound.