Sunday, February 21, 2016

Bye bye beardie


I cut off my beard last night. I've kind of been wanting to for awhile. It takes a bit of work to maintain a long beard, and I've never been one to like to spend a lot of time on grooming. So... I thought since we were keeping the grandkids overnight that would be a good time to do it. I wanted them to watch so they wouldn't be freaked out the first time they saw me.

Anna seemed pretty excited about it. Although I think she thought she was going to get to cut it. She watched with mild amazement the entire time - as well as when I cut the hair on my head after I was done with the beard. She said I didn't even look like "grandpa" anymore. Bennett didn't seem to care. Caleb just looks at me. I think he was a little scared at first, but he's starting to get over it.

I do have to say, I was surprised how different I look. Besides an occasional trimming, I hadn't cut it since Nov. 2, 2014; so what started as a 'No-shave-November' ended up lasting over a year. My face/head seems so small now. But I'm glad I did it. I didn't shave, but just trimmed it down to about a #1 on the clippers. My head is a combination of a #1 and #2. I thought about just a #1 all over - which is probably what I would prefer to do - but Jane doesn't like when I buzz my head too short.

So... other than that, we had a pretty good day. We had the boys from noon on, and Anna came over sometime in the afternoon - after getting a haircut herself. Fortunately it was 65 degrees and sunny yesterday, so we spent the entire afternoon playing/working outside. That made us all tired, and I think the kids were all asleep by 8:30. We followed around 9:30. It was a good day.