Monday, April 04, 2016

I finally bought a sawzall


I bought this Skil reciprocating saw at Menards last night. I've been wanting one for quite some time - mostly because... how can someone NOT want something known as a "sawzall"? I finally justified spending the $60 so I could cut pallets apart (reducing the number of boards I break) as well as trim trees and cut up limbs that fall in the yard. I'm sure it will come in handy for a number of other things too.

I opted for this Skil brand because it is a good size for me, and had the tool-less blade change feature. It's not the 'best' saw out there, but should be plenty good for what I need it for. It would be nice to have a cordless, but I can't justify the extra cost, and I prefer the power of a corded tool.

I've also been doing some minor reading on wood finishes and paint. I really wish I'd taken more shop classes in high school - or at least paid more attention in the ones I did take.