Sunday, June 12, 2016

Out on the weekend


Here it is Sunday night. The last few days are kind of a blur. Actually.... geez... life seems to be getting like that. Anyway......

Friday was my annual golf outing at work. One of the owners of our company also owns a non-profit company that holds a golf fundraiser every year. He pays us to take the day off and drink beer and (hopefully) donate lots of money to his charity. So, you know, I felt obligated to do my part. I rode in a cart with Colin (who also used my clubs, because he doesn't golf). The other two in our foursome were Karen and Kendra. Karen has golfed, but Kendra, like Colin, only plays at this event. It was a "best ball," and for as terrible as I am at golf, we actually used my shot many times. Eventually one of the guys in our other group just decided to leave, so Drew and Grant joined us. After that we pretty much just let them play and we watched. I remember last year I said I would never do it again, but it was pretty fun this year. I'm glad I went.

Saturday we babysat the grandkids overnight. Poor little Caleb was diagnosed with the hand, mouth & foot virus earlier this week, so he was still battling a mouthful of sores a little bit. He was pretty good though. It's funny, because he can be both the wildest and sweetest of the three all at the same time. All in all we had a great time though. Anna graduated from her 16" bike to the 18" bike. She is a bicycling machine. Bennett is just.... Bennett. Such a tender and sweet/funny kid. The craziest part of the night was when Anna fell asleep on the couch and Jane carried her to bed, the two boys just took off running for their room and both of them jumped into their beds. I didn't even say anything to them. It was a little weird.

This morning we all kind of overslept. I woke up around 9 am and Jane and Caleb had just gotten up. I was thinking we probably wouldn't go to church then, but we did. And I'm glad. Jane and I went to C2G, and it was there we learned of the mass shooting in Orlando. That's where the pastor is from. It was a somewhat emotional service. Like I said, I was glad we went.

After church Jane, Carrie and the kids left for Illinois to see my parents for a couple days. So I've just been lazing around the house. I will miss my dear, but I am actually kind of looking forward to some alone time.

So.... that's about it. I need to go do some laundry.

Peace out; and in.