Friday, August 05, 2016

Irritating august


I believe August is the absolute worst month of the year. Sure, January and February can be bleak at times, but once they're over you know Spring is on the way. August, on the other hand, holds no such promise.

I worked at a little gas station along Interstate 80 for about 10 years. There was a noticeable change in people's demeanor when it got to August. Summer vacations were coming to a close. School was going to be starting. It is always hot, and the hot days seem to last forever. I think all those things work together to make people more tired and irritable.

That has definitely been the case for me this August. It's hot, and the work day seems to drag on forever. By the time I get home my butt is usually dragging the ground. I am not a fan of winter, but I think I dislike extreme heat even more than cold.

So.... that's all. Just call me grumpy.