Wednesday, March 15, 2017

2 weeks

So I guess today marks two weeks since I've had any alcohol to drink. I don't really think about it nor do I miss it at all. I still feel great and have more energy. Unfortunately the weight loss has stopped though! I haven't gained any back but I'm kind of bummed I stopped losing. I'm still eating good and I've been working out at the Y 5 times a week for about an hour each. I'm sure I have turned some fat to muscle - which would account for part of it - but I was expecting the pounds to keep dropping. Oh well.

I have noticed my strength and endurance improving - especially on the treadmill. I do that at least 3 days a week for 45 minutes to an hour. I generally do 3-5 miles depending on how hard I push myself. I try to lift and/or use the elliptical and rowing machine the other day or two per week.

Another thing I've just started is drinking a dab of beet juice each day. I've heard it's good for you - blood pressure, circulation, stomach, etc. - so we will give it a little go.

I feel a noticeable difference in how my pants fit, but am still hoping to drop more weight. Lots more. But, that's where things are now.