Wednesday, March 08, 2017

It's the sun - and 1 week soberly


Last night we attended Anna's kindergarten class production of.... um, I don't remember the name of it. It was very cute though, as was she. It was in the St. Paul's gymnasium, where she goes to school. I'd say it was the perfect little play. It only lasted about 20 minutes, it was just her class (and not the entire school), and the costumes were very simple and I imagine provided by the school. There weren't a lot of people there either, so I thought it was splendid.

It is so amazing to see how she has grown and matured this year. She looked HUGE. She's getting so tall. She also smiled and giggled the whole time, which is a nice change from when she used to just stand with her fingers in her mouth. Although yours truly was just the same, so I'm not knocking it.

The boys had a good time watching it - though none of them look too thrilled after it was over. I'd say it was a good time had by all though.



In other news, I have now made it a whole week without any alcohol. It's not like I was a stumbling idiot drunk or anything, but it's been awhile since I've gone this long without beer, wine, or anything. There were a few days where it sounded pretty good, and I think my stomach is still adjusting to the lack of sugar, but I have to say... I FEEL GREAT! My mind is clear, and I've been working out fairly regularly at the Y. I've actually lost the equivalent of a pound a day over the past week. 15-25 more and I'd be pretty darn ecstatic. The best part is, I haven't even been dieting! Just not drinking. I always eat pretty well, for the most part.

I do have to say, I like myself much better when I'm not drinking. I think it had honestly just become a habit born out of boredom, and the more you give in to it, the worse it gets. I'm still hoping to make it through the entire season of Lent, and we'll see if I continue total abstinence or not. I would like to get back to where we don't keep it in the house, and maybe just have a beer or wine here or there more for social reasons. Who knows. I'm feeling pretty good though.