Friday, May 05, 2017

Beyond loneliness


I recently finished Trevor Hudson's fantastic little book 'Beyond Loneliness: The Gift of God's Friendship.' I was drawn to it through reading about the Renovare book club, and I'm glad I ordered it.

It is my kind of book, for starters because it only has 124 pages. The chapters are also short, and they include a section he calls "friendship exercises" in each chapter. So it's very practical too.

Trevor is apparently from S. Africa, and I highly recommend reading authors from other areas of the world than where one resides. He writes with a freshness and innocence that I really needed to read right now.

There were a couple chapters that really spoke to me, so I will share more about those in later posts. For now I just wanted to make note that I did finish the book, and really liked it.