I did a quick google search for some random self storage mission statements - for some ideas to offer (or not) at my place of employment. Man, some of these are not so good. Here are the first half dozen that popped up:
- StorPlaceSelfStorage -The StorPlace mission is to provide an excellent storage solution to our customers in need by incorporating Christian values of integrity, honesty, respect for each other, hard work, service, conscientiousness, cheerfulness, and friendliness. By treating each other, our neighbors, and our customers this way, we expect to provide a satisfactory financial reward for ourselves and partners. (this was seriously the first one that came up)
- Pouch Self Storage - To deliver exemplary customer service that builds trust. Offering well maintained, secure facilities, along with amenities and services that make us stand out as specialists in our industry. Ensuring our customers receive excellent value, and enjoy an experience that lives up to the high standards we have established over our long history in business.
- American Self Storage - It is our mission at American Self Storage to offer the communities we serve facilities that are clean, well maintained, secure, and well-lit, which are staffed with team members who are always willing to go the extra mile to provide our customers the right size unit, at the right price, at the right time.
- Geist Self Storage - To guide you, our customer, through a positive storage experience by providing a clean, convenient, state-of-the-art facility with customer service that goes above and beyond in the most professional and friendly manner.
- Smart Mini Self Storage - To provide secure storage facilities to the residents of Cuenca, Ecuador.
- Midlothian Self Storage - Here at Midlothian Self Storage we pride ourselves in providing a safe and secure facility for storing your valuable possessions. State of the art computerized security gates and 24 hour recorded video surveillance combine to offer you peace of mind. We are conveniently located on _________ and are easily accessible from any direction.
Oddly enough, or maybe I should say 'ironically,' I discovered that I actually have written a mission statement for our company. A couple years ago we changed our lease agreement and I added a 'lease summary' for each facility. It was intended as something we could give to customers that includes just the basic facts (minus all the small print). I think I may be the only one that uses it, but at the bottom is this promise (which I'm sure I stole from somewhere on our website or something):
Our mission is to offer a convenient, clean and safe environment for our customers. We have installed numerous security features to make Dupont Self-Storage one of the safest places in town! If you ever have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact one of our self-storage consultants. Thank you for choosing Dupont Self-Storage!
So, now I feel kind of stupid, because it turns out I've been utilizing the very thing I've been asking for all along. Although... since I'm probably the only one aware of it, and the GM has no idea... Meh, never mind. It's hard to convince people who are already rolling in dough that they could do something to help their employees that won't necessarily increase said dough (even though it wouldn't cost anything either).
So I guess I'm done now. Carry on, folks.