Wednesday, December 27, 2017

My 2017 christmas gifts


I almost forgot to list the gifts I received for Christmas 2017. I had specifically stated there was not a thing I wanted or needed, but, alas, the tree sheltered something for me anyway.

Jane got me a Hickory Farms "supreme sausage collection." I do like these cheese/cracker/sausage things. She also surprised me with two books that, even though I wasn't familiar with either, look really good. One is 'The Essence of Jesus' by Arthur Rowe, and the other is, 'Quotes for Mindfulness,' from Carol Kelly-Gangi.

Drew Carrie supplied both Jane and I with a scrumptious plate of home-made cookies (and a hand-painted plate). These were not only good for munching during the weekend, but a few each day with my lunch is a pretty sweet treat too.

Isaac and Ricci got me this nifty Salbree popcorn popper. It's made of food grade silicone and doesn't need oil. It also collapses for easy storage. They also supplied me with 2 lbs. of organic popcorn, as well as some natural dark chocolate sea salt cashews.

I'd say that was a pretty swell haul for not even asking for anything.

I bought Jane her usual Ansel Adams calendar to keep track of our day-to-day events on the side of the refrigerator, and a pair of bluetooth (cordless) ear buds for running.

So, that's about all I've got regarding this Christmas. It was a good one, and now we get to move into the dreary-gray duldrums of winter yuk!

No comments: