Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Carwash crazy


It's not quite 'workin at the carwash'... but I signed up for one of those unlimited carwash deals the other day. It was a combination of things. For starters, what with all the salt and chemicals they put on the roads it is darn near impossible to keep a car clean right now. Car cleanliness is also fairly important for Uber drivers - if you care at all about your ratings and/or your riders. Plus, and this was maybe the kicker, a new carwash just opened and the first month of unlimited washes is only $15 (with a 3-month commitment).

So I signed up for the Premier package at The Tube Car Wash. This will get me as many washes as I want that includes:
Advanced Wash Technology PLUS:
Rain-X® Repellent
Tire Shine
Armor All® Clear Coat
Wheel Bright
Underbody

I figured if I'm making this kind of investment (for no more than 3 months), I'm not going with the express package. And it was only $10 more over 3 months to add the tire shine and rain-x repellent to the deluxe package. They also have a really nice vacuum system for the inside that is free. The downside is they only have one location (W. Illinois Rd) compared to Mike's Carwash, but it's hard to beat that introductory special.

Once the weather clears up and the roads are no longer caked with salt I will likely go back to hand washing at home. Until then, though, I will probably take my car through The Tube 8-10 times a week. The first day I signed up I washed it twice!

I suppose this is an added benefit to driving for Uber: I make it a point to keep my car cleaner. Yet I am also a tad flummoxed that I've now become one of "those" people. Oh well. Call me crazy. Carwash crazy, that is!

No comments: