Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Random stuff (what I'm...)


I've had a few things on my mind lately, and rather than trying to write about each of them individually, I thought maybe I'd just lump them all together. So...

WHAT I'M READING
Haiku -- The Sacred Art: A Spiritual Practice in Three Lines (The Art of Spiritual Living), by Margaret D. McGee.  I received this book awhile ago and have recently started reading it. I'm not too far in, but it seems like something that would be good for me right about now. Although, it's not meant to just be read, but to be practiced WHILE you're reading. I haven't actually written any 'official' Haiku's (other than in my mind), but I will admit the principles have started to form in me. The simple idea of noticing things... moments... and taking them in more fully. So, yeah, this is what I'm in the process of reading...... and processing.

WHAT I'M PONDERING
I always enjoy insights from Ben and Matt at Gravity Leadership, and I found this post quite helpful on a third way of church leadership: Center-Out Leadership (https://gravityleadership.com/center-out-leadership/). I read through it quickly the other day, but I'd like to spend some more time pondering it. It makes sense to me. Great sense. Yet I'm not sure how much I want to think about church leadership. I suppose if I did, though, this would be a good place to start.

WHAT I'M CONSIDERING
I have a membership to Rightnowmedia, and I've been considering looking into a group study of some sort.... maybe for church.... maybe for Jane and me to lead together, or just me... I don't know. Anyway, one that has caught my eye is Resolving Everyday Conflict from Peacemaker Ministries. The little blurb says:
Resolving Everyday Conflict is an eight-lesson study that unpacks the amazing things the Bible has to say about conflict and relationships. As you go through this study, you'll find the powerful and practical answers you are looking for to forever change how conflict looks in your life.
I don't know about all that, but learning to resolve conflict is certainly something most people could probably use. God knows I could.

There is also a book by the same name. I suppose I should maybe read it first. Although I'm not entirely sure this is something I want to get involved in (leading a group), but it's something I'm considering.

And...... that's about it. For now.

2 comments:

Whisky Prajer said...

Simple idea
Third way of church leadership
Everyday conflict

:)

dan said...

Haha... I see what you did there.
Nicely done. :)