Friday, May 11, 2018

Ford escape serviced


The reason I rode my bicycle to work yesterday was because I was having the 2011 Ford Escape serviced. It got the usual oil change and whatnot, but I also had them check out the noise coming from the stabilizer bars again. It was making the same 'thumping' sound it had been doing before when those needed replaced.

It turns out the connection was just "loose" on the left stabilizer bar. That seems kind of odd to me, but it's not making the noise anymore so... I dunno.

They also replaced the front brake pads and machined the rotors. I'd forgotten that the brakes were squeaking a bit now and then. Figured I might as well have it done now as wait until it was even more serious.

So, all told, it was $285 split almost evenly between parts and labor. Such is life. At least I feel like we have a good relationship with our mechanic shop. It has been in the same family for several generations, and I actually did the wedding ceremony for the current owner and his wife.

It was also nice to be able to ride my bicycle to the shop to pick the car up. It took me about 20 minutes winding through back streets so as not to have to get on Airport Expressway in 5 o'clock traffic. :)


No comments: