Monday, November 12, 2018

Raking of the leaves


We spent yesterday afternoon raking leaves out to the curb. It was a nice and sunny 40 degrees and, if there is such a thing as a good time to do it, I suppose this was it. The wee ones in the bottom photo "helped," but the bulk of the raking was done by daughter Carrie and "grandma Jane." I used the blower to get the hard to reach spots.

The city comes through twice to pick up our leaves along the curb. Of course the first time for our neighborhood was last Monday - when we barely had any leaves on the ground - and the next time isn't until the first week of December. As is the case most years, we very well may have snow by then, so they don't pick up the leaves after that.

Anyway, I am glad that's done. I am not a big fan of leaf raking. It messes with my head and sinuses. Any leaves still on the trees will have to stay in the yard. My raking is done for the year. Although I may run the mower over the lawn one more time. We will see...


No comments: