Tuesday, April 04, 2023

Food fix

 

Is is wrong if, when I go to bed at night, the happy spot I take my mind to as I drift off to sleep is of my breakfast the next day... Especially when it's oatmeal?

I am one of those people who will eat the same foods over and over again for quite awhile. Eventually I'll change it up, and then eat those foods over and over again for awhile.

Lately I've been on an oatmeal kick. I've never really like plain oatmeal all that much. For awhile I got the Kodiak single-serve packets, then the Quaker single-serve packets. Then I discovered ... TOPPINGS! I never imagined you could make oatmeal taste so good!!

My current food fixes have been:

BREAKFAST -

  • Tea and coffee
  • One hard-boiled egg (around 6:30am)
  • Oatmeal with either blueberries, peanut butter & dark chocolate, maple syrup, or cinnamon and raisins (around 9:30am)

LUNCH -

  • A salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, avocado, peas and either chicken or beans or both, or
  • A salad with the above minus the chicken or beans and instead either a chicken salad or peanut butter/jelly sandwich

AFTERNOON SNACK -

  • A banana or a protein drink (usually after my run)

SUPPER -

  • We've been having Factor home-delivered meals four days a week (the ones with around 450-500 calories per)

BEFORE BED SNACK -

  • Casein protein pudding
  • A handful of unsalted nuts
  • Sleepy Time hot tea

That's been pretty much it (other than weekends when we go out for supper on Friday, and I don't usually eat lunch on Saturday or Sunday). It's usually 1200-1500 calories per day.

I've been tracking my calories using the free MyFitnessPal app. In order to reach my weight-loss goal I was supposed to average about 1700 calories per day. Of course, naturally, since I've been coming in low on calories I haven't been losing as much weight as they said. Still, I'm down about 10 pounds. I'd like to lose another 10 before I get into marathon training though. So I may need to do something else. I'd like to be around 150.

So, that's about all there is to that.

(I couldn't think of anything else to write about today)

No comments: