Thursday, September 07, 2023

My new saw


I see a saw. No, I haven't lost my mind, thank you. I bought a chain saw!

This past week I purchased a Worx 2-in-1 10" Pole Saw/Chain Saw. It's the WG309 120v-60Hz with an 8 amp electric corded motor. 

I've been looking at these for a bit. We have so many limbs and branches always falling in our yard. Sometimes I have to either cut them up with a hand saw or use my sawzall. While I was tempted to get the 14" electric chain saw, we also have a few smaller trees that I need to trim regularly. So the addition of a pole saw will come in handy (the handle comes off to also make it into a regular chain saw).

I didn't even think about getting a cordless. No thank you. I think I'm done with cordless yard tools (other than a drill) as long as we have a small enough yard (which we do). My one long extension cord will reach anywhere we need it, and I'm tired of batteries going dead after a year or two (not to mention filling up landfills with dead batteries).

Worx has these listed at $120, and they are currently out of stock. I got mine off Amazon for $65 (with free shipping), and I see the price is already up to $105. I figured it's hard to beat that price.

I finally used it for the first time yesterday and can vouch that as a chainsaw it worx pretty well! I've yet to use the pole apparatus, but I'm sure that day will come soon enough. :)


No comments: