Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Where's danno

Hey all,

Yes, I am still alive. Sorry about that. I've just had some stuff going on that's got me preoccupied. 

  • My annual marathon is coming up. Kind of a big deal for me. I basically train all year for this one event. Yes, I'm a bit stressed about making sure I have everything, travel, lodging, rain, other logistical issues, rain, minor injuries, proper nutrition, rain, and... did I mention it's supposed to rain?
  • I guess I'm going to preach in a church service again. It's not for a few weeks yet, and I've already spent way more time on this than any other messages I've ever done. Ugh. I felt pretty good when I finally agreed to it, but, of course, now I'm having serious doubts and not just a little stress about this too.
  • I've also been meeting with some different people. Some are regular - like Mondays with Tom and now I'm in a Friday morning group with some guys from church. There have been some other more random meetups as well. All have been good (for me).
  • The trash bin still gets filled to the brim every week. Whether it's yard cleanup or junk cleanup from inside the house, it's my weekly goal to fill that sucker for each trash pickup.
  • I'm kinda/sorta looking at job postings... Not sure how I feel about that yet. I'm still in a pretty low place as far as self-confidence. I know at some point I need to make some money. At the same time, I feel like I've been doing more meaningful work than I had been doing when I was getting paid. It weighs heavy on my mind. So I'm just trying to keep at it and not get too dragged down by guilt.
  • We've started having some more shows at the concert hall we volunteer at. Last week I spent 10 hours or so there, and there will be more coming up. I actually don't mind that, but sometimes moving tables and such can get a bit tiresome.
  • I know there are other things I'm doing, but that's the bulk of it. I've been trying to get to bed early (between 9-10 most nights) and get up early (5 or 6). Not having to run as many miles leaves me feeling a bit lost from time to time though. Like, what do I do now? Fortunately I/we have another race next weekend (after the marathon), plus a show we work the night before it and a concert we attend the night of. That will be a busy weekend.

Well, that's kinda random, but I feel bad not writing here. I had hoped to put a little more into this (or the substack I've still not started), but it seems my mind is occupied elsewhere at the moment. Until then...

No comments: