Friday, December 08, 2023

Honda serviced

I know this isn't very exciting and I plan/planned to write a slew of posts today, but I'm just not feeling it at the moment so...

We took the Honda Accord in for an oil change yesterday. I originally had an appointment to have the oil changed as well as investigate the valve cover gasket leak. That date came and went while I was in the hospital (I cancelled it from my hospital bed). Since our 'oil life' was now down to just 5% I thought I'd just get the oil change now and worry about the gasket leak some other time. God knows I've been putting that off for awhile.

The dealership where we take this car doesn't currently have a service waiting area (under construction), so we dropped it off yesterday afternoon. We stopped on Jane's way to work today to pick it up. The bill was only $26.70, which included a car wash, so it actually saves us a boatload going to the dealership.

Of course the list of suggested things needing done is about the same as always:

  • brake fluid flush (dirty)
  • valve cover gasket leak
  • transmission flush (mileage)
  • coolant flush (mileage)
  • spark plugs (mileage)

I probably should have the brake fluid flushed and the gasket leak looked into sometime soon. The "mileage" suggestions though... meh, we'll see. It's just recently went over 100,000 miles, so it should be good for awhile yet.

No comments: