Friday, March 08, 2024

Five things friday

Even being mostly dead (at least in appearance) won't keep me from bringing you the FFF...

  1. Yes, that's me following the catheter ablation procedure earlier this week. You can thank my wife for snapping this while I was still enjoying La-la land. I will share details another day, but all is well. I do have to say, though, the weirdest thing may be adjusting to having been shaved from my neck to my knees! Now on to more important things...
  2. I recently learned two new terms: CHRINO refers to those who are Christian in Name Only, and EINO stands for Evangelical In Name Only. Yeah, that's undoubtedly always been a thing, but maybe never more so than now! Seems more and more folks want to be known for living a certain way, without necessarily having to... live that way.
  3. Personally, I don't have much use for Google Docs in my life right now. However, I know many people do use it, and I might have to again someday too. Here's a helpful list of 16 Google Doc Tips & Hacks. H/t to Josh Spector.
  4. Are you thinking of writing/publishing a book? James Clear is promoting Authors Equity. He says they are "a book publisher that will pay authors more profits than traditional publishers and provide better distribution than self-publishing options." He's even become an investor! Who wouldn't want to get paid more, get paid faster, and get to create books on your own terms—all while getting the editorial skill and mainstream distribution that comes with company behind you?
  5. Basically, we all suck... at least at this. William Ickes, a leading scholar on how accurate people are at perceiving what other people are thinking, finds that "strangers who are in the midst of their first conversation read each other accurately only about 20 percent of the time and close friends and family members do so only 35 percent of the time." Ickes also says that the longer many couples are married, the less accurate they are at reading each other (we fail to consider how people change over time). I found this innaresting tidbit in the David Brooks book 'How To Know A Person' - or, in this case, how not to).

Okay, friends, sweet dreams on the weekend stuffs you have planned. That's it for now!

No comments: